Grants Manager(Post Award)
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider,
recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which
named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC
region. Each of Inova's five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from
the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing
Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the
only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five
Inova hospitals were awarded 'A' grades for the spring 2020
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova's achievements
in protecting patients from harm and providing safer
- The Grant Manager II Post-Award is responsible for
collaborating with Inova program, clinical and research team
members to manage grant contract post-award and closeout
- Executes award agreements.
- Reviews award terms and conditions and works collaboratively
with internal clients and Corporate Accounting to implement
- Establishes cost centers and obtains signatories.
- Ensures internal client's understanding of grant award
expectations and deadlines for key milestones and reporting.
- Ensures accurate and timely fulfillment of all progress,
technical, and financial reporting requirements.
- Monitors progress in relation to award expectations and
deadlines and facilitates problem resolution when necessary.
- Executes award amendments, communicating and responding to
changes in grant activity requiring prior approval.
- Files post-award activity reports as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external post-award
policies, regulations and guidelines.
- In collaboration with internal clients, Corporate Accounting,
and other team members ensures alignment between system-wide
policies and procedures and funder post-award policies, regulations
- Works with internal clients to maintain a state of audit
readiness. Responds to all audit requests.
- Coordinates site visits and assists with preparation.
- Assists with the development of corrective action plans to
address deficiencies identified through site visits, audits and/or
other monitoring activities.
- Ensures all administrative records pertinent to grant-related
programs and system-wide policies are maintained.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with
internal clients, external funders, and collaborators.
- Works closely with internal clients to ensure accurate
translation of award terms and conditions into program
- Collaborates with Corporate Accounting as needed.
- As needed, interfaces with collaborating and funding
organizations to prepare documents, negotiate amendments and ensure
timely and accurate reporting.
- Collaborates with GMO colleagues to develop policies and
procedures to ensure efficient and effective office
- Creates and edits internal GMO documents (policies and
procedures, forms, boiler plate, articles).
- Effectively utilizes databases and information management
systems to capture information and track progress and outcomes.
Experience in federal, state and foundation grant post-award and
close out management (preferably for healthcare providers).---
Required: 4 years related experience (graduate student and
post-graduate student experience acceptable).--- Experience in
post-award grant management and related activities (preferably for
healthcare providers).--- Well-developed organizational skills and
a proven track record of success in grant implementation and
management.--- Ability to work as a member of a team and
independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.---
Demonstrated ability to organize and manage complex projects.---
Knowledge of federal grant guidelines, policies and regulations
(OMB Uniform Guidance, NSF, NIH, HRSA, etc.).--- Additional
required proficiencies - excellent communication and interpersonal
skills; solid judgment; problem-solving and strategic thinking
Education:--- Required: Bachelor's Degree
Our commitment to keeping patients safe means there's no safer
place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding
our team members.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and
offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far
removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening
Keywords: Inova Health System, Annandale , Grants Manager(Post Award), Executive , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!