Account Manager- Mechanical Service & Projects (2565)
Company: Southland Industries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that's as diverse as
the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain.
Building talent by design, is our intentional approach to creating
a truly safe, collaborative and inclusive work environment that
fosters growth, empowers professional achievement and where people
are treated with respect at all levels.
If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long
learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we're
looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are
focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement
and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will
have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a
strong company and culture where you'll feel engaged, challenged
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want a
career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced
growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an
organization that values PEOPLE , SAFETY, INNOVATION,
COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
How would you like to be part of building the DC Metro area? With
Southland, you'll be able to see our projects come to life!
As an Account Manager at Southland, you will pro-actively engage
new and existing customers, developing consultative business
relationships with end-users, building property/facility managers
and general contractors to better understand their needs and to
develop a winning sales strategy.
What you'll be doing:
* Works with the branch leadership to identify and qualify client
prospects and to build long-term business relationships with our
* Develop sales leads through developing existing relationships to
perform Capital X planning, execution, energy opportunities, and
* Regularly meets with prospective clients to develop needs and
ultimately sell Mechanical and Automation system solutions and
* Optimizes sales opportunities by selling all Southland offerings:
Maintenance Programs and retrofit projects.
* Engages with the engineering and construction side of the
business at the appropriate phase to sell solutions and
* Use expertise in Mechanical systems to develop written proposals
that can clearly articulate the benefits of Southland Industries
recommendations both technically and financially.
* Proactively create and manage a business funnel and provide
accurate sales projections, pre-plan customer visits (average
between 8-10 customer face to face visits per week) and assist in
building the Project scope or customized Service Contracts.
What makes you successful:
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or
seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and maintenance sales experience
* Demonstrate a high level of verbal and written communication
skills. Must be able to effectively present information and respond
to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
general-public. Must be able to write reports, business
correspondence and must be able to develop and present power point
* Must have excellent demonstrated sales skills in prospecting,
qualifying, proposing and closing which should include the ability
to develop innovative sales opportunities, differentiating
Southland Industries from its competitors.
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power
* Effective and professional collaborator internally and
externally, with very broad problem-solving abilities & an ability
to focus on goal obtainment
* Experience developing and managing large accounts (new and
existing), building positive relationships and continued work from
the assigned existing client base, while adding new large accounts
to the portfolio.
* Additional sales experience can be substituted for the degree.
Professional sales training is preferred (e.g. SPIN).
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits
package that includes excellent benefits for you and your
* 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100%
* Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Paid for Employee
* Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
* Disability Income Protection Insurance
* Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
* Paid Parental Leave Benefits
* Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
* Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for
professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web
site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland
Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a
safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test,
background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this
If you don't feel this position is match for you, we encourage you
to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social
networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
Keywords: Southland Industries, Annandale , Account Manager- Mechanical Service & Projects (2565), Executive , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!