LVN/LPN, Mental Health - Residential - $1,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity
to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental
health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and
healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total
client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career
growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an
individualized growth plan which will help you develop your
professional skills and career objectives.If you are looking for an
organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of
thought, and rewards passionate execution, you've come to the right
place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and
reward those who serve them.
The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents
through the entire treatment experience from admission through
discharge. The LVN is responsible for communicating observations
and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian,
psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure
the team is comprehensively addressing each client's issues. The
LVN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the
treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules,
expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube and administration of bolus feeds, where
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages client's medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
clients and loved ones
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assists with discharge process.
- Will work during meal periods to provide supervision and
support to clients.
- Maintains an organized and safe environment.
- Makes timely requests for any absences and ensures coverage for
any scheduled shift.
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Required to sit at a meal and a snack on every shift.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect.We have FT and PT positions
available. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our
website at discoverymood.com.
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- One year of experience required
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper
application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Keywords: Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program, Annandale , LVN/LPN, Mental Health - Residential - $1,000 Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!