Case Manager, Social Worker
Posted on: March 17, 2023
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Eligible!--Job Summary:For members of a
defined population, responsible for collaborating with the members
of the health care team to facilitate the coordination of
appropriate, cost-effective services that are consistent with
members plan of care, help achieve his/her optimal level of
independence, and enhance--quality of life.Essential
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, problem
identification, psychosocial assessment, financial
counseling/referral, accessing community resources, placement for
care, guiding the member through health-related legal processes, or
consultation and support to other health care professionals.
- Effectively manages and coordinates assigned caseload
consistent with established criteria.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessment to evaluate
patient goals, social support systems, resources, health status,
functional limitations, psychological status, environmental
factors, and response to treatment so as to decrease inappropriate
utilization of medical services.
- In close collaboration with the nurse case manager and other
members of the health care team, develops and monitors a plan of
care designed to promote the members optimal level of functioning
and enhance the quality of life.
- Identifies, facilitates, and advocates appropriate
organizational and community resources to meet the plan of care and
ensures that they are implemented for in a cost effective,
efficient, and timely manner.
- Ensures consistent and reliable documentation of case
management activities in compliance with all organization and
- Analyzes patient and program outcomes to identify improvements
in program, quality, and cost effectiveness of case management
- Facilitates application process for accessing local, state, and
federally funded programs (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, and
Disability) and/or refers to appropriate community agencies in
cases of suspected patient abuse/neglect when identified.
- Provides supportive counseling and education to members,
families and caregivers, members of the health care team, health
plan staff, and the community, including end-of-life issues and
- Promotes self-awareness and knowledge of current case
management standards in the community and recent innovations in
- Maintains current knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies
relating to the practice of social work in the local market/local
agencies and maintains high social work standards as defined by the
NASW Code of Ethics.--Palliative care experience preferred.May be
required to travel to other MOB within the team.--Basic
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience plus two (2)
years in case management required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with the defined population
- Masters degree in social work (MSW) required.License,
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Certified (Maryland) within 6
months of hire
- Independent Clinical Social Worker License (District of
Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Virginia) within 6 months of
- Case Manager Certificate within 36 months of hire--Additional
- N/A--Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with computer software programs in a Windows
- Knowledge of community systems and resources in the defined
service area preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues for the Mid-Atlantic area
preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social
Services & Spiritual Care
Keywords: Kaiser, Annandale , Case Manager, Social Worker, Healthcare , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...