Food Service Manager - (Chantilly, VA)
Company: Wills Group
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Food Service Manager
Gateway Village Dash In, 24796 Gateway Village Pl, Chantilly,
Virginia, United States of America Req #264
Saturday, July 2, 2022
Have you heard? Dash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to
Work Certified---! We're proud of this achievement and our people
who make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its
Dash In is seeking a Food Service Manager to join our team at our
brand new location in Chantilly, VA! The Dash In Food Service
Manager is a field operations management role that is responsible
for the effective and efficient operations of the back of house or
foodservice operation located inside a Dash In store. Dash In is a
leading regional convenience brand that operates multiple revenue
centers within each store that include fuel, convenience products,
prepared food service, and car wash. Dash In operates a network of
50+ convenience retail locations that encompasses a combination of
Franchise and Corporate operations. Our Corporate operations must
operate as a "Center of Excellence" that sets the standard for the
network in terms of Brand image and standards, guest experience,
sales, and profitability.
The Dash In Food Service Manager will lead a team of Supervisors
and Hourly Associates that deliver an exceptional guest foodservice
experience in a 24/7 retail environment. Performance in this role
will be measured by sales growth, customer feedback, 3rd Party
inspections and assessments, Brand standard adherence, and
profitability measurements including margin achievement and
controls, ticket times, inventory loss, labor utilization rates and
expense controls, etc. Additionally, the Dash In CORP Food Service
Manager is accountable for setting a positive BOH culture, hiring,
training and developing high performing associates, and fostering
engagement throughout the store team.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of Dash In
Operations, foodservice preparation and management, ordering,
cleanliness requirements, inventory controls, coaching and training
practices, and all other store functions. This role reports to the
Dash In CORP Store Sr. Manager and collaborates with other Dash In
Food Service Managers, the Training Team, the HR Business Partner,
Category Management, and other Operational Managers.
Why You Should Join Dash In
At Dash In, our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the
success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our
employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and
advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job
that empowers you with the skill to be a professional, from working
with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for
your future. Every day, we are leading in our community, being
responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the
environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
Benefits and Perks
* We take pride in investing in our people's well-being. That's why
we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
* Financial Well-being -, employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%),
health savings plan, and financial planning
* Physical Well-being - comprehensive health, vision, and dental
plans that meet the needs of our people
* Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community
Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
* Education and Development Opportunities - 100% Tuition
reimbursement to support our people's education goals
* Competitive Pay - competitive pay matched to our competitors
* Bonus - 10% annual bonus opportunity
Key accountabilities (How You'll Make an Impact)
* Assists CORP Store Sr. Manager with Hiring. Trains, Develops and
Leads a high-performing foodservice team of associates that deliver
an outstanding guest experience and quality food 24/7.
* Orders food products effectively to drive sales, maintains
adequate levels of food inventory, and protects inventory from loss
* Maintains Dash In Brand Standards at all times that include high
levels of guest engagement, a clean facility, excellence in food
safety and production within acceptable ticket time frames,
maintaining a safe environment, and follows all Dash In operational
* Effectively manages BOH aspects of the P&L to ensure that
food sales and margins, labor deployment, and variable expenses
that meets or exceeds expectations.
* Communicates effectively up, down and across the organization
* Achieves 3rd party audits and inspections that meet or exceed
expectations that include ECO Sure Food Audits, ACL Guest
Experience assessments, and Foodservice Compliance Audits.
* Completes Work Activities at the Direction of the Dash In CORP
Store Sr. Manager, and/or other Dash In Operational Executives.
* Acts as Store Manager in the absence of the Dash IN CORP Sr.
Manager, and/or Dash In Guest Experience Manager.
Required qualifications and skills (What We're Looking For)
* High school diploma or equivalent required; AA or BS degree
* Operational Proficiency
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Ability to Coach, Teach, Develop
* Comfortable communicating & presenting to a team
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Financial & Analytical Capability
* Attention to detail & follow-up
* Independent worker & collaborative
* Results driven
* Ability to work a varied schedule including all day parts and
* Ability to travel to other stores/markets as needed
* Available 24/7 to receive calls and address issues
Required experience (What You Bring to the Table):
* 5+ years' experience in an operations, foodservice, and/or retail
* 2+ years' experience in food service management, leading a
* Experience required beyond minimum qualification:
Other key factors (environmental/physical requirements):
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods
and/or frequently move about inside the workplace.
* Must be able to operate office equipment such as a calculator,
computer, printer, etc.
* Employee frequently communicates with customers and other
employees for daily operations, training, teleconferences, etc.;
must be able to exchange accurate information in these
* Must be able to observe and inspect food service environment to
ensure safety standards.
* Must be able to move and lift up to 25 pounds of merchandise or
* Must have the ability to learn technical material.
Wills Group is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
Wills Group strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that
end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all
new Wills Group employees. Documentation of the first dose will be
required prior to employee's first day of work, with the second
dose being obtained within 30 days. Additionally, booster doses are
required by March 1, 2022, for those eligible to receive them.
Wills Group makes reasonable accommodations for qualified
applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or
other conditions protected by applicable law
* Job Family Retail Operations
* Pay Type Salary
* Min Hiring Rate $55,702.40
* Max Hiring Rate $69,576.80
* Travel Required No
* Required Education High School
Keywords: Wills Group, Annandale , Food Service Manager - (Chantilly, VA), Hospitality & Tourism , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!