Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Family:Database Administration (Digital)Travel
Required:NoneClearance Required:Public TrustWhat You Will Do:
Guidehouse Digital is seeking a skilled Senior PostgreSQL Database
Administrator to join our team supporting our client at the
National Institutes of Health, (NIH). This position is immediately
available remotely, but post-pandemic will required to be onsite in
Bethesda, MD (when it is safe to return to campus).
- Install, configure, administer and patch on-premises, Amazon
RDS, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Implement database backup and recovery strategy.
- Maintain data integrity and database performance, stability and
- Proactivity monitor the health of databases and make
recommendations to optimize performance and efficiency.
- Diagnose and resolve database, network, and firewall
- Collaborate with various teams in developing system hardware
layouts, configuring firewall rules, tuning, and load testing of
mission-critical database systems.
- Comply with database security standards.
- Document database administration and management related
processes and procedures.
- Provide support to the application developers, including, but
not limited to data refresh, SQL and PL/pgSQL performance tuning
and best practice recommendations.
- Conduct code reviews with application developers.
- Automate database administration and maintenance
- Assist with routine Oracle database administration tasks. What
You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years of extensive experience as a Production PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL.
- 3+ years of AWS RDS management experience.
- Proficient in relational database management system and
principles, network and database security.
- Advanced understanding of database backup and recovery
- Advanced understanding of high availability solutions and
- Proficient with SQL and performance tuning.
- Strong scripting language experience (any shell
- Fluent in Linux command line utilities and operations.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-driven and ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure in a
fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work directly with cross-functional teams to resolve
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 24x7 on-call experience (selected candidate must be willing to
be on call for a week once a month)
- Must be available for after hours and weekend work (as
needed).What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Preferred experience with Oracle. What We Offer:Guidehouse
offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes
competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that
reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life and Travel Assistance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible
- Transit and Parking Commuter Benefits
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development, Certifications &
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- annual membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Benefits via Corestream (Critical Care, Hospital
Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance and ID theft
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
bonusAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
regulation.Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair
Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Annandale , Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!