Windows System Engineer
Company: Eliassen Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Eliassen Group is assisting a reputable government integrator
with finding an experienced Windows System Administrator to provide
support on a high profile Navy contract. The person will be
responsible for the daily administration of the Windows enterprise
server environment across on premise and virtual servers. The
position is part of the Engineering and Operations team consisting
of engineers, system administrators, and subject matter experts who
report to Engineering Systems Manager. ***Due to federal security
clearance requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen with an
active Secret clearance.. We offer a great benefits package that
includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company
matching, and life insurance
- Provide daily operational support for Microsoft Windows
operating systems and applications
- Assist in identifying incidents, diagnosing, and resolving
- Collaborate with the Security team to identify and remediate
application and operating system vulnerabilities
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications
across a complex computing infrastructure.
- Point of contact for application vendors and coordinate vendor
support for any problems escalated from support areas.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive
documentation for multiple environments.
- Monitor application and operating system performance and
analyze and document problems.
- Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and client
to ensure proper integration of applications.
- Participate in capacity planning, performance discussions, and
assist in the development and execution of disaster recovery
- Review problems to understand root causes of issues and ensure
proper fixes are implemented REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2 and/or
2016 in an enterprise environment
- Experiencing maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading a
multi-site Active Directory infrastructure
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system
- Experience remediating system vulnerabilities
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced
- Excellent customer support skills (In-person and on the
- Experience working as a part of a large team and working
directly with customers.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting MS SQL 2014 or higher
in standalone and/or clustered configuration.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining current
Windows server products including Microsoft IIS, Windows
- Experience with monitoring tools is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues due to firewall,
load balancer, proxy, and server/workstation operating system.
- Technical knowledge of and experience with installing,
upgrading, configuring and deploying multi-tier applications
About Eliassen Group:Eliassen Group provides strategic talent
solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results.
Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing,
Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life
sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their
business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading,
MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers
local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach.
For more information, visit .Eliassen Group is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
disability status.Don't miss out on our referral program! If we
hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for
a $1,000 referral check!
Keywords: Eliassen Group, Annandale , Windows System Engineer, Other , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!