Company: Davis Reeder Hall DVM PLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The purpose of the House Supervisor (HS) is to facilitate a smooth
operation for Columbia Pike Animal Hospital and Emergency Center
treatment of LVTs,Veterinary Assistants and Kennel Technicians.
This person must assume many roles involving communication,
leadership, encouragement, team support, subject matter expertise,
teaching and coaching, delegation, continuous improvement, process
management, and compliance. While this is not an all-inclusive list
in the duties and responsibilities of a House Supervisor (HS), this
job description will provide guidance to the expectations and
requirements for the role.
- Communicates objectives, motivates others, promotes teamwork,
builds and maintains morale. Demonstrates "take charge"
capabilities. Takes an active role in hospital staff meetings.
Maintains core values and standards of conduct with staff.
- Promotes cooperative working environment. Understands the value
of teamwork and shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as
necessary to help the hospital function as a unit.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement for the practice's
success and vision.
- Is polite and respectful to all staff, even in times of
- Assess staff and doctor's needs, prioritizes critical tasks and
emergencies, delegates assignments and tasks to appropriate team
- Train new staff members and ensure completion of Phase Training
Levels. Provide continued educational opportunities to ensure all
staff members are performing their duties correctly and
- Manage the Hospitalized, Surgery, and all Treatment Departments
(GP & Lab); Coordinate daily and shift activities and prioritizes,
assigning staff members to projects and activities as needed. Hold
staff members accountable for their shift duties and assignments,
providing support and redirection when needed.
- Resolve issues during shifts such as correcting staff
performance, checking the completion of duties by staff, attendance
and punctuality concerns, and interpersonal conflict, seeking the
support from the Treatment Manager if necessary.
- Performs all duties in accordance with hospital medical
policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains the exam rooms and treatment areas:
regularly cleanliness, restocking, and assessing for workplace
- Accurately maintains patient records: physical and electronic
- Assists the doctor and licensed veterinary technicians in
medical, or surgical and dental procedures; prepares patients for
surgery; assists the doctor in administering anesthetics; monitors
patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids.
- Gives injections and administers oral medications in accordance
with government regulations and hospital policy.
- Performs emergency procedures such as control of bleeding,
resuscitation with oxygen, and external chest compressions.
- Assists in restraining pets when necessary.
- Performs clinical laboratory procedures such as fecal flotation
exams, heartworm checks, skin scrapings, urinalysis, and fungal
cultures; draws blood for laboratory analysis; maintains file of
lab test results and ensures that test results are recorded
- Takes radiographs and administers EKGs and EEGs.
- Admits and discharges patients on the doctor's orders, ensuring
that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate
state. Counsels clients on various aspects of animal care; explains
dosage/purpose of medications; reinforces the proper care and
procedures that should be followed at home; makes follow-up calls
- Understands usage and dosage for all prescription drugs
including heartworm preventative and prescription flea control
products and can readily explain them to the clients.
- Facilitates, maintains, and delegates as needed to deliver a
consistent standard that all surgical materials are cleaned in
alignment with OHSA standards after they are used; keeps the
operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery. To
include surgical packs and gowns.
- Assists other staff members as required.
- Performs other duties as determined by the doctors and
Keywords: Davis Reeder Hall DVM PLC, Annandale , House Supervisor, Other , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!