Security Developer in Ashburn, VA
Posted on: November 18, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Security Engineer will be part of Verizon's Corporate
Information Security (CIS) Cyber Defence Engineering (CDE) Team,
which plays a crucial role in defending Verizon from current and
future cyber threats. This Security Engineer will be responsible
for backend development within the SEC-OPS Security Orchestration,
Automation and Response (SOAR) Platform: IBM SOAR/Resilient. This
includes, but not limited to: scripting, workflow creation,
developing documentation, and creation of custom integrations with
external vendor applications and Verizon tools. This role will work
closely with the SOAR Team, various internal towers as well as
cross-organizational teams on design, development, and use of the
An ideal candidate will have a strong background in scripting and
development work within SOAR platforms. The Security Engineer will
also need to be forward thinking with deep technical knowledge and
the ability to integrate new and existing tools with our ticket
system. They need to be able to understand and solve business
problems while managing associated risks and compliance
- - Supporting the SEC-OPS SOAR Platform (IBM SOAR/Resilient) both
from an integration standpoint and front end application.
- - Writing scripts to enhance and automate processes within SOAR
platform, playbooks, and workflows.
- - Maintaining direct and regular interaction with the
organizational stakeholders to ensure system is working and meeting
- - Driving new integrations and automation to achieve the goals
and objectives of the SOAR platform users and stakeholders.
- - Working with both vendor and custom API.
- - Supporting integrations between the tool systems, ticketing
platform, and SIEM platform.
- - Evaluating new features of the product to build out new
capabilities for the platform, which can be shared across the
various security organizations.
- - Performing Change Management work.
Where you'll be working---
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- - Bachelor's Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- - Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- - Three or more years of experience in security development and
- - Experience in scripting languages (Python).
- - Experience in creating and using JSON-based RESTful web
- - Experience in integrating external security tools with
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- - Experience in IBM SOAR / Resilient a plus.
- - RHEL System Administration experience.
- - Good communication and presentation skills along with the
ability to handle multiple priorities and high-stress
- - Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable
success across multiple business units.
- - Strong documentation and communication skills.
- - Good problem solving skills.
- - Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps.
- - Ability to engage with customers, client executives and other
- - Ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a fast-paced
deadline driven organization.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Information Security Engineer, Location:
Annandale, VA - 22003 , PL: 553883297
Keywords: Verizon, Annandale , Security Developer in Ashburn, VA, Other , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!