Posted on: November 18, 2022
Overview: Hiring Immediately! Transdev Services, Inc., is
seeking a Utility Worker at its Huntington facility in Lorton, VA.
The Utility Worker will handle basic shop duties. They will also
perform detail cleaning and fueling of equipment with limited
supervision. Additionally, they will be asked to complete basic
forms and fare box duties (i.e., diagnostic, repair, installation).
Why Work with Us?
- $500 Sign On Bonus
- Starting salary $16.15/hour!
- Paid training!
- Paid health benefits!
- Paid time off!
- Holiday pay!
- Flexible work schedules!
- Annual increases!
- State-of-the-art work facility!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Career advancement opportunities!
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great team!
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department and Technicians
(e.g., vehicle washing, vehicle fueling, vehicle seat repair, fluid
checks, etc.) in accordance with established schedules.
- Perform such cleaning duties as sweeping, mopping of floors,
and vacuuming of seats and upholstery using appropriate cleaning
- Clean windows, mirrors, and interior glass.
- Empty trash from vehicles.
- Report damage, malfunctions and other irregularities of the
vehicle to Utility Supervisor.
- Turn in lost and found articles, putting them in the lost and
found cabinet and recording on the sheet each item found.
- Follow company policy and OSHA safety regulations.
- Position and stage vehicles in the parking lot.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment and work area at the end
of each shift.
- Keeps workers storage and work areas clean at all times.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining service and repair
of cash revenue fare boxes for vehicles at the facility.
- Responsible for moving or positioning a variety of
- Will perform basic troubleshooting of farebox system.
- Other duties as assigned for the efficient operation of the
facility. We are looking for employees who are looking for career
advancement, such as becoming a mechanic technician, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of shop safety standards.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Must be well-organized.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess a CDL with passenger endorsement and airbrakes or
be able to obtain a CDL.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Ability to work on a team. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical
demands described here are representatives of those that must be
met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to
enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential
- 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or
- 90% of work is accomplished outside in varying temperature,
weather, and humidity conditions; most work is performed alone and
in remote locations.
- Frequently stands and walks; ability to sit for up to three
hours; walk for long distances and on possible sloped ground or
slippery and uneven surfaces; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand
coordination; ability to lift or handle material weighing up to 50
to 75 lbs. without assistance; ability to bend, stoop, kneel,
crawl, and crouch; and corrected hearing and vision to normal
range; verbal communication.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes and
- Exposure to cleaning solutions, oils, and other liquids.
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support
missions. About Transdev: Based near Chicago, Transdev is the
largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in
North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and
shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted
partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution
and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is
a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in
17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to
connect to what they care about in their cities. For more
information please visit our website at The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request. Transdev is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion or other legally protected status, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: business, community, corporate, housing
assistant, luxury, manager, office manager, property manager,
Keywords: transdevna, Annandale , Utility Worker, Other , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!