Patient Service Representative
Company: Patient First
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Patient First is currently seeking Patient Service
Representatives to fill full-time and part-time positions at its
newest Greater Washington, D.C., and Fredericksburg center
scheduled to open summer 2023 in Annandale, VA.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to,
- Assisting patients using the kiosk prior to registration.
- Escorting patients in need of emergency assistance directly to
the treatment area to be registered and evaluated.
- Respectfully handling Physician and Nurse requests in a timely
- Communicating information about Patient First's billing
policies, including insurable and non-insurable charges, as
- Accurately registering patients in an expedient manner while
providing excellent customer service, compassion, and
- Verifying all patient demographic, health, pharmacy, and
- Thoroughly answering billing and insurance questions and
providing itemized billing statements as requested.
- Referring billing questions to the appropriate parties as
- Collecting money and issuing receipts for a patient's visit,
diagnostic studies, and supplies as prompted by the electronic
medical record system.
- Discharging the patient and processing incurred charges.
- Completing all cash management duties to include counting and
accounting for money collected at the end of the shift.
- Receiving, sending, and distributing correspondence as
- Filing and scanning medical documents and office forms as
- Completing assigned checklists and Policy Manager tasks within
the assigned shift.
- Answering all incoming calls and distributing messages in a
- Assisting with other assignments as directed.
- Demonstrating an efficient understanding of the electronic
medical record system.
- Receiving, moving, and stocking ordered supplies.
- Cleaning the front office work area and other maintenance
assignments as directed.
- Verifying daily reports are run at the end of the day.
- Attending staff meetings as directed.
- Being available to assist as needed (breaks and mealtimes may
be interrupted at any time to provide necessary patient care or to
maintain center operations).
- Operating, using, and maintaining medical and office equipment
- Participating in maintenance assignments when necessary and as
- Providing positive, warm, and friendly service in all
- Completing other duties as directed Minimum education and
professional requirements include, but are not limited to, the
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Basic typing skills.
- Minimum one year of clerical experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for up to 7 hours at a
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Excellent visual, verbal, written, and typed communication
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Willing to work at any center due to a staffing issue, center
emergency, or a reduction of work.
Keywords: Patient First, Annandale , Patient Service Representative, Other , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...