FOIA Analyst 1
Company: Central Research
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Central Research, Inc. (CRI) is searching for a FOIA Analyst 1
to support a Federal Government contract. This position will have
limited supervision, the FOIA Analyst shall review, organize, and
analyze documents for production in response to FOIA requests using
an eDiscovery platform, including determining responsive records,
identifying confidential business information, intra-agency,
pre-decisional and deliberative information, or attorney work
product, and personally identifying information. This includes, but
not limited to, support for initial FOIA requests, FOIA Appeals and
FOIA litigation. Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support the FOIA Intake/Triage process including, but not
limited to, correspondence received by:
- Incoming physical mail.
- FOIA email inboxes.
- FOIA fax machines; and
- Electronic public access request portals
- Scan and prepare mail, initial requests, fingerprint cards and
records received from program offices and other government
- Process all FOIA requests using the government's request
management tracking system.
- Monitor the FOIA and Privacy Office Mainline handling most
issues and/or referring matters to the appropriate
- Compile, scan and prepare reports, documents, briefing
materials and other correspondence for FOIA executive and
- Support the Privacy Appeals and Litigation Intake process.
- Assist with drafting of FOIA guidance, policy, reports, or
- Assist with special studies of programs, functions, and work
processes and present findings, options, and recommendations via
briefings, reports, or project papers orally an/or in writing.
- Assist in other duties related to the processing of initial
FOIA requests, FOIA Appeals and FOIA litigation to include but not
limited to ad hoc research, data pulls, data entry correction
projects and update FOIA contact lists. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of technical experience in processing complex
information requests under the FOIA/PA
- 12 years of total work experience
- Proficient use of eDiscovery software and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to successfully obtain and maintain a Public Trust
clearance. Preferred Qualifications:
- Department of Homeland Security experience. Knowledge, Skills &
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. - 552),
its procedural requirements and application of Privacy Act
- Knowledge of The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. -552a), its
procedural requirements and application of Privacy Act
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to
interact with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within specified
- Proficiency in managing and processing FOIA/PA requests in
FOIAXpress/ eDiscovery software systems.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software (Microsoft
Word and Adobe) Equal Opportunity Employer:All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. . NOTE: This
job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
It is intended to describe the general nature and work
responsibilities of the position. This job description and the
duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and
addition as deemed necessary by the Company. PI207533828
Keywords: Central Research, Annandale , FOIA Analyst 1, Professions , Annandale, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...